Monday, September 19, 2011

The Jacuzzi Lives!

My Jacuzzi Lives! It has been a saga but it finally works! First, it sat at my parents house for a year and 1/2. You may have seen the pics already when Jason and I brought the Jacuzzi home to Montana on the back of his dad's pickup (scary). Then I dropped it right off at a local Jacuzzi shop because it leaked. I was foolish and had not winterized it so some of the pipes had to be replaced. Then Jason and his dad decided to do the concrete slab for it. It was during some of the hottest days in Bozeman so digging out the grass, building the molds, spreading out the cement (which, by the way, we had delivered in a big cement truck but Jason and his dad had to haul wheelbarrow loads of it to the back of the house). Then we hadn't ordered enough cement to finish the walkway. So...Jason mixed bags of cement in a wheelbarrow and laid it. Then....my wonderful husband dug out nice garden spots alongside the walkway and planted beautiful flowers to make it look nice. Then he bought some neat solar lights to finish off the area. We at first used an extension cord to plug the Jacuzzi in to the wall. P.S....never do that. One night we are sitting in the Jacuzzi and we hear sparking sounds and we look down to see sparks flying out of the extension cord. We hopped out of the Jacuzzi as fast as we could. It is funny to look back on but it was scary at the time. So....I had to have an electrician come out to install an outlet outside so the Jacuzzi could be plugged into the wall directly. Anyway.....it turned out to be a huge project to get the Jacuzzi up and running. I promised my husband that the Jacuzzi would stay with the house if we ever sell it. :) But I have to say....I LOVE my Jacuzzi!









2 comments:

  1. Yeah I am glad you got it set up. Looks like it was a lot of work. What a great husband you got there. Enjoy it while you can before you get prego, they say hot tubbing is bad for the baby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. While setting up Jacuzzi-type whirlpool bathtubs might be a lot of work, it'll definitely be worth it when you're already enjoying the fruits of your labor.

    ReplyDelete